If you’d like a career with Hyland Precast and wish to be considered for a future position, please send your resume to email@example.com. We are continually expanding our Vancouver Island operations.
Please indicate your preferred career interest in administration, sales, plant operations or delivery drivers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a great candidate to join an established and growing company. Hyland Precast Inc., a diverse manufacturer of precast concrete product, has an immediate need for a full-time, experienced Knuckle Boom (Hiab) Crane Operator/Driver in Cumberland, BC.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
- Operate an articulating boom crane and drive truck to transport materials.
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight.
- Maintain accurate records for submission to Fleet Office.
- Loading truck and roof top loading of materials.
- Use of GPS and other navigation utilities.
- Oversee the condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes and other equipment.
- Perform all duties according to safety guidelines and company policies.
- Assist with general warehouse duties and clean-up.
- Driver’s licence (Class 1) with air brake endorsement (Class 1 preferred).
- Eligible candidates will have a valid crane certification (22 tonne minimum).
- Forklift Operator certification will be an asset.
- The candidate must be able to drive a standard truck.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos of the organization.
- Ability to do basic mathematics including, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions etc.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The candidate must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- The candidate must pass a background check, medical and drug test.
- Overtime hours may be required during peak season.
This is a full-time, hourly paid position. We offer health benefits and an RRSP plan after three months of continuous employment.
If you’re a Canadian resident, please apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining skill sets applicable and include in subject line: HIAB Operator/Driver.
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year driving experience, a Class 1 drivers license and a valid Crane Certification (22-tonne). Applicants who do not fit the criteria will not be considered.