Join the team at Hyland Precast
If you are interested in being part of our dynamic and fast-growing team that values pride in workmanship, the ability to learn, innovative and “have fun” personality, please submit your application outlining your past work experience, skills, and contact information!
At Hyland Precast you have the opportunity to work year-round, rain or shine, Monday to Friday with the options to sometimes work seasonally on Saturday.
You will be responsible for assisting our experienced workers while helping to maintain a safe and clean work-site. This position has the potential for advancement to forklift operators, crane operators, and some carpentry.
We are looking for a versatile, flexible candidate who is eager to learn, can follow instructions carefully and can work independently to complete tasks to deadlines. You will be punctual and reliable, safety conscientious and a problem solver. You will report to the Precast Shop Foreman.
• Experience in concrete work and basic carpentry an asset.
• Forklift experience an asset but not a requirement.
• Physically able to stand, walk, and lift materials for long periods of time. Comfortable working outdoors.
• Applicants should have the ability to lift 50lbs
• Understand and follow workplace safety protocols
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Work in a team environment.
• You will need your own transportation.
If you think this role looks like your next step, and you meet the above requirements, we would like to hear from you. Please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hyland Precast Inc. is currently seeking a Forklift Operator/Telehandler to join our team in Cumberland, BC. In addition to forklift/telehandler duties, the employee will work with the precast manufacturing team to produce precast concrete products, as well as general yard organization and labour.
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Fabrication of precast concrete products
- Receive/process shipments
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- 1 year forklift experience required
- 1+ years of Labour experience, preferably in construction/manufacturing or precast concrete. (preferred)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License plus a clean driver’s abstract
- Valid Forklift ticket is an asset
- Tele handler experience is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning, training, and professional development
- Effective verbal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic with effective decision-making skills
- Competitive pay structure: Salary: $19.66-$24.13 per hour
- Full Medical and Dental benefits coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Internal progression and development within a growing company
- On-site parking
Benefits program includes:
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
If you feel you are suitable for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com. Only the individuals that meet the criteria will be contacted.