Join the team at Hyland Precast
Hyland operates three divisions; ready-mix concrete, manufacturing of precast products and aggregate and is based in the Comox Valley and serves Vancouver Island, Gulf Islands and South Coast.
Whether you like skiing at Mount Washington, fishing or a healthy lifestyle the Comox Valley has something for everyone. Through our commitment to the community, to the health and safety of our employees and their families, or our volunteer work, Hyland demonstrates our care for people. If you want to work in an environment that values hard work, with challenging projects, and collaborative teamwork, Hyland is for you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the General Manager and indirectly to the President, the Controller will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting systems, reporting, policies and procedures as well as banking, insurance, HR
• Strategic and focused member of the team
• Oversee invoicing, collections, vendor payments, payroll, tax accounts, inventory management and capital assets
• Support the operations through month-end including journal entries, standard reporting package, account reconciliations, KPI tracking.
• Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements
• Timely preparation of financial analysis including Monthly Operating Report analysis
• Perform analytical support for operational costs and margin improvement.
• Lead and coordinate the Company’s annual operating budget and capital planning process
• Ensure compliance with Company policies, procedures and internal controls are in place for the division.
• Coach/develop/mentor team members and administration staff.
• 5+ years of accounting experience.
• Hands on experience with SAGE or equivalent a definite differentiator
• Passion for working with people at all levels, both within the business and externally
• Strong customer service mentality
• College degree or designation an asset, but not required
• Experience working in a manufacturing company is an asset.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Salary: based on experience
• 2 to 3 weeks’ vacation depending on experience
• Extended health, dental, disability insurance
• RRSP match
• Vision care
Hyland Precast Inc. is currently seeking a Forklift Operator/Telehandler to join our team in Cumberland, BC. In addition to forklift/telehandler duties, the employee will work with the precast manufacturing team to produce precast concrete products, as well as general yard organization and labour.
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Fabrication of precast concrete products
- Receive/process shipments
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- 1 year forklift experience required
- 1+ years of Labour experience, preferably in construction/manufacturing or precast concrete. (preferred)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License plus a clean driver’s abstract
- Valid Forklift ticket is an asset
- Tele handler experience is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning, training, and professional development
- Effective verbal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A strong work ethic with effective decision-making skills
- Competitive pay structure: Salary: $19.66-$24.13 per hour
- Full Medical and Dental benefits coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Internal progression and development within a growing company
- On-site parking
Benefits program includes:
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
If you feel you are suitable for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the individuals that meet the criteria will be contacted.